Jun 20, 2020


You've probably wondered why it's been a little quiet on the blog the past two months...well, this little peanut has been keeping me on my toes. I've been super sick my entire pregnancy, but it's all going to be worth it once this little peanut is here in our arms. AND before anyone says anything, Baby Jones is not a quarantine baby. haha!

I'm so excited to finally be able to share this exciting news on the blog. I shared last week on social media, and y'all are so amazing! Everyone has been asking how this sweet baby is doing, so I'm excited to say, I'll be 15 weeks on June 21st. I had my last appointment about a week and a half ago, and little peanut is measuring great, and the heartbeat was beating so perfectly. It's my favorite sound in the entire world!


When I found out I was pregnant, I was in shock, because it's something that I have wanted for so long. I can't believe it's finally happening. Some days I'm still in shock!

Like I said a little before, I was suuuper sick throughout the first trimester. Honestly from the moment I found out I was pregnant, until this past week, I had been extremely sick. Whoever named morning sickness obviously never had of all-day sickness, nausea, vomiting, food aversions, and all the joys that come with the beloved first trimester. Now, I definitely don't want to sound like I'm complaining, but HOLY COW IT WAS HARD.

Throughout the entire first trimester, I would regularly scream to Chris, "THEY TOLD ME THERE WOULD BE GLOWING!!!" haha!

I'll go through each week or so and give you a mini rundown on how I felt + any fun discoveries about pregnancy.

The day I found out I was pregnant //

On April 7, 2020, I could not sleep for the life of me. My legs felt crampy, my back felt crampy, and I felt "off". That morning when I woke up, I was 2 days late for my period, and I knew that I needed to take a test. Now, I had hoped & prayed that it wouldn't be like all of the other tests I'd taken before...the ones that all came back negative...and holy cow, it came back POSITIVE!

I remember after I peed on the beloved stick, I began shaking, because the positive line came up almost immediately!!! I honestly couldn't believe my eyes. I didn't know whether to cry, laugh, scream, freak out a little--heck every emotion that I could have, I did have, because I had never felt that way before! It was a special moment.

I didn't even tell Chris I was taking a test, because I had taken so many that had ended in disappointment, and I didn't want him to have to go through that again. But, thank God, this time things were different. I wanted to try and tell him in a special way, so as he was working downstairs...literally right below me in the dining room, I started to get ready and prepped to record his reaction.

I started the camera, and called him up saying I needed him to check the camera angle for a makeup tutorial I wanted to record. haha! He came up, and he, of course, was all focused on the camera angle, and then I said, "Well, what do you think about this?" as I held up the positive pregnancy test. Now, if any of you actually know my husband, he is a total goofball, so he's not the type of guy to cry or get overly emotional. I'm not going to share that video, because it's hilarious and special to us, but let's just say, all of our friends and family that have seen the video laugh hysterically and go, yep, that's the perfect Chris reaction. haha!

After I told Chris, I was still shaking, and I had to drink a chai tea latte on the couch to calm down. I also needed more liquids so I could take the digital pregnancy test just to be sure I was actually pregnant. After the longest second set of three minutes, the yes+ appeared in the little window, and I knew it was time for a little research, a spreadsheet, and tons & tons of lists.

Weeks 4-6 //

For the first couple of weeks, I was extremely tired. I didn't experience any sickness or nausea, but I felt like I didn't want to eat a lot. I tried pampering myself and would paint my nails & toes to pass the time.

Week 7 //

I was 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant, so pretty much 7 weeks pregnant when the beloved morning sickness & nausea started. I wish that I hadn't gotten out of bed so quickly...The one good thing about being pregnant during quarantine is that I got to endure the first trimester of my pregnancy in the comfort of my own home, and luckily Chris was there to support me. He was so cute and ran upstairs when he heard me getting sick, and held back my hair and rubbed my back to help calm me down.

This was also the first week that I had cravings...hello Chipotle, you beautiful burrito bowl of goodness!!!

Throughout the entire seventh week of pregnancy, I was glued to the couch with a bucket, and couldn't move. I was so nauseous and sick, couldn't eat much, and was still extremely tired.

Week 8 //

This is the week that we got to see our sweet peanut on an ultrasound for the very first time. Due to Covid-19, Chris was not allowed to come into the OB's office, so he ended up seeing the ultrasound and heartbeat over FaceTime. We were able to record the video of the FaceTime call, and I love looking back and forth between the ultrasound and Chris's huge smile as he saw our sweet baby for the first time.

P.S. My floral announcement dress (affiliate) is from Chicwish!

I tried to be more active this week as well, and we went on walks around the neighborhood and took a walk on a trail nearby.

Week 9 //

We decided it was time to start telling our family we were expecting since I was officially 9 weeks pregnant! We ended up planning to see all of our parents on Mother's Day weekend, so it was the perfect time to reveal our secret!

On that Saturday, we went to Chris's parent's house and gave Chris's Mom her Mother's Day present. We got both of our Mama's the same ultrasound frame that said Coming Soon. When she opened it, she said, "No way!!!" Everyone was so excited, and it felt good to finally be able to talk about it...and also not have to hide the nausea bands I had on my wrists. haha!

The next day, we woke up early to drive to my parent's house to surprise my Mama and Dad. They had no idea we were coming for Mother's Day at all, so when we got to their house, they couldn't believe we drove three hours just to see them! Well, we tried to get them to come to our house and spend some time with us, but Covid was literally ruining everything, so we decided it was best we drove down and surprised them--then they couldn't say we couldn't come, because we were already there!

We ended up setting up a 10x10 tent in their front yard and sat far away from each other to social distance, even though we had all be quarantined for over the necessary 14 days. It was time to give my Mama her present, so I gave it to her, and at first she was like, "Is this a feather?!" and then it hit her that it was A BABY! I don't think she expected us to be telling them we were pregnant, and I'm so glad it was a complete surprise!! My Mama and I are very close, so keeping that secret from her was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but it was worth the wait to see her reaction in person.

Throughout this week, I FaceTimed my siblings, Grandparents, and bestie and told them I was pregnant by telling them I needed their opinion on a DIY project we were working on. It was the perfect decoy to get them on FaceTime. Everyone was of course so excited and can't wait for this sweet baby to be here!!

Week 10 //

Week 10 was filled with doctor's appointments and tons of nausea & anxiety. I had to get my pre-natal bloodwork done, and I hate bloodwork...or going to the doctor's office in general, and with Covid, I had to go myself. No one was there to hold my hand as I attempted not to pass out while getting my blood drawn, but I was a big girl, and I did it! My nurse that always draws my blood now is great, but the first time was the worst!

This week I also started to take some new prescriptions since nausea and vomiting were causing me to start to lose weight. They started to help a little, however, they made me super sleepy, so I ended up sleeping most of the days away.

Week 11 //

This was an exciting week--I finally started to be able to eat a little bit of food thanks to the prescriptions kicking in! We also bought a new-to-us, Mazda CX-5 to be our baby mobile! Chris's car had over 200K miles on it, so it was time to invest in a newer & safer car for our peanut. The one good thing about Covid is that we got a really great deal on it since car sales had taken a huge hit.

On the Friday of week 11, I had my blood drawn for the NIPT test, which would check little peanut's chromosomes AND tell us if it's a boy or girl! The results take a week to ten days to come back, and it was the longest week of my life!

This week I also had my first official need to have something craving. It was a Greek Salad & Mediterranean Veggie sandwich from Panera. I think I've eaten a million of these sandwiches since week 11, simply because it was the only thing this little peanut would let me eat and keep down!!!

Week 12 //

I started to get a little bit of energy this week. I was anxiously awaiting the gender results, however, they never came this week. We had planned a gender reveal for Saturday, but it was a decoy to get my parents to our house to celebrate my Dad's 70th birthday. My siblings and Chris's parents and a couple family friends came over and we all celebrated together. It felt great to have our friends and family all together now that some of the Covid restrictions were lifted. This was also the first time I had seen some of my siblings since Christmas and the first time they all were able to see our new home!

Week 13 //

The amazing part about week 13 was finally getting our gender results!!! The Doctor's office called me first thing when they opened on Monday morning to say they had the results, and I had to say "NOOO don't tell me!! I'm at work!" and so, Chris was able to go to the OB office and pick up the results in an envelope so that we could open them up together when I got home from work. That was my first day back to work, so knowing when I got home I'd find out the gender kept me going through the first day.

Overall though, it was a rough week. I started back full-time at work, and adjusting from not working or moving to running around a retail store again was a lot on my body. I kept getting sick at work, which thank God I work with all women, and they are Moms themselves, so they were and still are more than supportive. They are my second family, and I'm so thankful for all they did for me the first week back at work to help me adust and ease back into work.

Phew!! That was long, but I loved documenting each and every day of my pregnancy so far, and I want to share this amazing adventure with you all!

I hope you're ready for all the cute baby spam to come in December!

Post a Comment